The Western Australian Ride for Compassion is a ride organised by a group of cyclists to support the work of Compassion.
This year the ride will take place from the 21st to the 28th of October 2017, with riders covering over 500 kilometres from Albany to Perth in Australia’s South West.
Positions for riders on this year’s event are now completely full but there are still places open for support crew members.
Albany to Perth 21st to 28th of October 2017
- Saturday 21st October 2017: Perth to Albany – Bus
- Sunday 22nd October 2017: Rest Day
- Monday 23rd October 2017: Albany to Cranbrook 91 km
- Tuesday 24th October 2017: Cranbrook to Katanning 80 km
- Wednesday 25th October 2017: Katanning to Wagin 55 km
- Thursday 26th October 2017: Wagin to Pingelly 100 km
- Friday 27th October 2017: Pingelly to York 87 km
- Saturday 28th October 2017: York to Perth 93 km
TOTAL: 506 km
To find out more, fill out the form below and we’ll be in touch.
Compassion is an international Christian child development and child advocacy ministry committed to working in partnership with local churches around the world to foster the spiritual, economic, social, physical and emotional development of children living in extreme poverty in over 26 developing countries.
Compassion’s holistic child development programs are unique in being delivered in partnership with local churches in developing countries. These local congregations can best identify the specific needs of children in their community and are able to contextualise the programs to drive change in their own community.
Through Compassion’s programs, children are supported through every stage of life, and are equipped to bring lasting change to their families and communities. While Compassion is a distinctly Christian organisation, they assist children and their families living in poverty regardless of their beliefs, gender or background.
– See more at: http://compassion.com.au