In 2009, seven Perth cyclists pedalled on a fund raising journey from Perth to Albany, a distance of over 500 kilometres.
After the success of the event, plans were made for a ride from Albany to Perth in 2010. That year eleven cyclists took to the roads.
Since that first year, eight rides have taken place with the 2016 ride involving over 20 cyclists and a support crew of 8.
In 2017 the ride is on again and continuing to get totally behind the work of Compassion Australia in releasing children from poverty in Jesus’ name. The ride takes place from the 21st to the 28th of October 2017.
Albany to Perth 21st to 28th of October 2017
- Saturday 21st October 2016: Perth to Albany – Bus
- Sunday 22nd October 2016: Rest Day
- Monday 23rd October 2016: Albany to Cranbrook 91 km
- Tuesday 24th October 2016: Cranbrook to Katanning 80 km
- Wednesday 25th October 2016: Katanning to Wagin 55 km
- Thursday 26th October 2016: Wagin to Pingelly 100 km
- Friday 27th October 2016: Pingelly to York 87 km
- Saturday 28th October 2016: York to Perth 107 km
TOTAL: 520 km